With recent economic uncertainty you may be wondering if investing in the UK property market is a good move. Yet in some areas house prices have fallen to levels that will prove beneficial to any buyers seeking a long term investment. Ipswich, Suffolk, in particular is a fast growing town with low property prices, and keen investors will find that flats for sale in Ipswich are a good investment strategy. Therefore, here are the reasons why we recommend investing in Ipswich and the advantages of investing in flats for sale.
Why Choose Flats For Sale In Ipswich?
Ipswich is considered one of the top 20 fastest growing cities in the UK. With a booming economy that combines everything from agriculture to the tech industry, Ipswich is seeing a huge increase in both jobs and population growth. In addition, Ipswich is only an hour’s commute by train to central London, making it well situated location wise. Combine this with Ipswich’s history, culture, and proximity to Suffolk’s scenic landmarks, and it is easy to see why it is becoming a much sought after destination to live.
In terms of property values, while they have increased by a rate of 7% over the past year, they are still well below the UK average. With an average price of £197,722, and with some values as low as £50,000, now is a great time to invest in flats in the area. Flats are increasingly in demand by the younger demographic, particularly local students and workers. This is because of their comparatively low cost and flexible living arrangements. As such, this demand makes the value of flats go up faster than other types of properties. In addition, flats are often lower maintenance than other properties due to their size. As such, you will receive high returns on your property very quickly.
The Benefits of Investing In Flats
There are several reasons why flats for sale in Ipswich is a great investment:
- It costs less to purchase a flat initially compared to other properties.
- You can often buy good quality flats at two thirds of the cost of a house of comparative quality.
- Flats offer much higher returns and yields on investments.
- Current lifestyle trends lean more towards renting flats due to their low cost and flexibility.
- You share the cost of maintaining the building with the freeholder or managing agent who will also organise the work.
- You can buy more flats at low cost in order to increase your portfolio.
- As demand increases, the value of your owned properties will greatly increase too.
Marks & Mann
If you are looking to invest in flats for sale in Ipswich, then give Marks & Mann a call. We are a family run estate agent with offices in Ipswich, Stowmarket and Martlesham. We pride ourselves on our second to none customer service and experience. If you are interested in a property for sale in Ipswich then visit us online today, call our friendly team of property experts via one of our phone lines, or visit our offices which are open six days a week.